The St. Vincent Co-operative Bank Limited is seeking to recruit a Finance Officer.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for distributing the financial resources of the Bank under the guidance of the Chief Financial Officer. The Finance Officer will be expected to coordinate the budget planning process, support senior management by offering insights and financial advice, aid in financial and regulatory reporting and analyse investment opportunities. This person should be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results.
- Administer investment portfolio
- Support month-end and year-end close procedures
- Liaise with internal and external auditors (where applicable) and deal with any financial irregularities as they arise
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements and budget performance
- Complies with local, regional, and international financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions
- May be required to prepare special financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising account information and trends
- Communicate with CFO and/or Executive Director on work status and other issues that arise
Qualification and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or economics
- Professional qualification such as ACCA/CPA/CRMA (can be in progress) will be an asset
- Minimum 3 years experience in accounting/finance/audit
- Experience in corporate finance will be an asset
- Highly detail-oriented and strong analytical skills
- Demonstrates intermediate to advanced skills and knowledge of Excel, as well as other Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well in a team
- To perform activities consistently to a defined standard while maintaining the highest standards of integrity, independence and scepticism.
- The ability to use existing knowledge in a new situation, to make connections, explore potential outcomes and generate new ideas.
- Awareness and application of existing and emerging digital technologies, capabilities, practices and strategies.
Interested persons should forward their application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th November 2020.