The St. Vincent Co-operative Bank Ltd. is seeking to recruit an IT Officer.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and network
- Installing and configuring computer systems
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware and software faults
- Supporting all IT operations, the development and implementation of IT strategic direction for the Bank.
- Protect the Bank’s data by devising and maintaining suitable backup schemes.
- Regularly monitor the performance of servers and document those findings in order to identify potential bottlenecks and problems
- Set-up and maintain user and group security
- Protect the Bank’s resources from unauthorised access and malicious attacks; e.g. Anti-virus protection.
- Set-up and configure new hardware and perform upgrades / repairs to existing hardware.
- Plan and implement the deployment of new operating systems and application software and perform upgrades to such software.
- Review system logs in order to identify problems and take corrective action.
- Create and maintain documentation, such as network diagrams, disaster recovery plans, IT policy manual, which support the IT functions.
- Identify and source required hardware, software, accessories and services with the objective of achieving the best compromises between price, quality and service.
- Provide technical support to users who encounter operating system, application and hardware problems.
- Identify and correct problems with network infrastructure such as cabling and make changes / upgrade to the network infrastructure as required.
- Develop and maintain database programmes to automate manual processes and improve / enhance existing processes.
- Administer the Email Server infrastructure.
- Provide general report writer and Core-Director support to the Bank
- Provide support to officers on the running of standards and/or adhoc Core Director reports that may be requested from time to time
- Liaise with other department as required to resolve customers queries/issues
- Administrate CCTV System
- Administrate ATM & EOD Process
Qualification and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in IT or related field would be an advantage
- Thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware
- Knowledge of a variety of internet application, networks and operating system
- Understanding of diverse computer system and network
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principle
- Knowledge of firewall, IPS/IDS and wireless technology
- Self-starter with a highly analytical mind and well-developed organizational abilities
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
Interested persons should forward their application to email@example.com by 24th July 2020.